family pic

family pic

Monday, June 22, 2009

weekend

Well, as you can imagine our weekend was CRAZY!!!

Sat. morning (since my t-ball game was cancelled due to the weather) Mark and I headed to Babies R Us to register for gifts. Mainly focusing on a car seat as that was the one item we could think of that we HAD to have to get the baby home from the hospital.

That was such an overhwhelming experience. We have NO clue which bottles to get or pacifiers. We did our best and tried to keep it fun. I'm sure you will all laugh when you see our registry. I think we put 5 or 6 differant kinds of pacifiers on there. We did get our car seat picked out and we decided to go with a car seat/stroller combo. WE LOVE IT!!! And my mom and dad have already purchased it for us and we put it together last night.

Then Sunday as Mark was golfing for fathers day, my mom and I went to Wal-mart to finish our registry. We had an ok time after we found a wal-mart that could do registry. Just in case you need to know you can't register at the Kellogg wal-mart right now. That was something else.

Oh well, we got it done and I'm glad.

That pretty much catches you up to Sunday night.

Please continue to pray for the birth mother, the baby, and Mark and I. We are hanging in there, but man is this ever stressful. I collapsed tonight after dinner, I went to just sit and think on the loveseat and then next thing I knew it was 2 hours later.

We also meet with our lawyer on Wednesday - so pray that that goes well.

8 comments:

  1. Relaxing is a perfectly fine thing to do at this point. You are ready. You are going to go into super high speed mode as soon as the baby is born and you will definitely be able to finish whatever projects you want to have done prior to bringing your baby home from the hospital. And.....you have lots of help to draw from when you decide you want to have that one more thing done. Remember to TRUST.
    Love,
    Mom and Dad K

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks for the update~ keep them comin and we'll do the same with the prayers. Can't wait to meet baby....love Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, you ARE ready. And relaxing is good! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You being unsure of what bottles or pacifiers to buy reminded me of Kristy. I wonder if living on that street makes you worry about things like that. :-) Kristy said, "How will I know what kind of bottles or pacifiers my baby will like? I haven't met him yet!" I don't know why that cracked me up because if I were the one buying stuff for my baby I'd just assume they don't have a preference. Of course, maybe this "feeling" comes with being ready to be a mom. Who knows! Check back when I'm on the path to mommyhood like you (and you can help me pick out the perfect stuff)! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've been meaning to post for quite some time now. Congratulations!!! I have been keeping up with your blog and praying for the two of you daily (now I've added baby and birth mom to my list).

    I bought/registered for two different kinds of bottles (Avent and Platex) and a couple of different kinds of pacifiers also (I know one of them was Avent) and Connor ended up not liking pacifiers at all and he was a pretty gassy baby so we ended up buying ALL new bottles. Dr. Brown's were the bottles we ended up with and if he ever used a pacifier his preference was the ONE we got from the hospital. I would suggest baby gas drops, I think Kendra, Kristy and I had a never ending supply of those for our babies.

    Congrats again! I know you and Mark will make wonderful parents!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A nap probably did you good so you don't get sick from trying to do to much. We are all here to help, we can't wait for that baby to get here!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Jenny,
    I totally get being overwhelmed with all the bottle and pacifier choices. You almost have to just close your eyes, choose one, and hope for the best, or I guess you could just buy one of each kind and try them all out. :)

    Seriously, I did lots of research on bottles. If you ever want to talk, you know where I live. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh geeze, I can't beleive I forgot to tell you to put that on your list of hospital parafanalia! Good call, gas drops are a MUST! We used them with both Gabe and Hunter multiple times every day.

    Hope all news continues to be good news! Can't wait to meet my new nephew!!!=) Love ya!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive