family pic

family pic

Tuesday, June 9, 2009

T-ball team




Some of you know this already, but I am coaching t-ball for the miracle league of Wichita this summer and LOVING it. We had our first game this past weekend and it was AWESOME!!! My team is the Yankees (I didn't pick that by the way). We play every Sat. in June at 9:30. The Miracle League is a league designed for children with disabilities. During our games every child gets to bat and every child is safe every inning. We still make plays at first and such, but no one is out. There is so much drive and determination in these kids that it is absolutely moving to be a part of this league. If you can watch one of these games and not leave inspired we need to talk.

4 comments:

  1. I can not wait to come and cheer on all these amazing kids.. and you are amazing too, for helping them fulfill their dreams of playing sports and just being one of the kids!!
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I didn't know your schedule until now. Mom asked if she could bring the boys on Saturday mornings already, so I'll let it be a special time for them, but I'd like to come to a game too sometime. You'll have to let me know where they are . . . :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. It was fun to watch your first game. The kids (and their coach) did a great job.

    Love,
    Mom K

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cool! I see Todd's cousin Tim and his son. You are such an inspiration Jenny! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive