family pic

family pic

Friday, June 5, 2009

More questions

So these questions were not from you all, but from the birth mother. She called today to ask Mark and I a few more questions.

#1) Will I continue to work after we have a child?

Answer - yes, I love my job. This is not to say that I would love my job more than my child, because obviously I wouldn't. I just can't imagine not doing what I do. I feel like I was born to do two things. This work and be a mommy! Being a teacher definitely has its perks in this area as well, as I'd have all holidays off with our children and summers. (I don't imagine I'll teach summer school after we have a family)

#2) What kind of care will we look for for our child?

Answer - well, Mark and I haven't really looked that much into this as we are trying not to get ahead of ourselves, but our gut feeling tells us we would find a daycare provider who works out of their home rather than a daycare facility. Not 100% sure on this one.

Just wanted to share that she called with more questions and that means, she hasn't made up her mind yet.

Please continue to pray for the baby, the birth mother, and Mark and I.

10 comments:

  1. Hey guys, I can talk to her and let her know what a mistake she would be making by not choosing you, regardless of day care, etc. If you need me, let me know.

    Love,
    Mom K

    But above all, TRUST.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's good that she's so concerned, I can't imagine what she's going through . . . You either, just waiting. . .Hang in there! Someone will see the wonderful parents in you that we all see! :) We'll keep praying! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would love to watch my new niece/nephew! Without getting ahead of ourselves, just know that you guys would be first on my list! So glad she is keeping in contact, that's a good sign. And that she's taking it very seriously. Pray, pray, pray, pray! Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. hmmm....I wonder what answers she was hoping for???? I just wish we could all tell her how wonderful you and Mark are in everyway and how that baby would be THE MOST loved and anticipated baby in THE WHOLE WORLD! I hope the Holy Spirit leads her to the right answer! love you guys~ as the song says "the waiting is the hardest part"....Beth

    ReplyDelete
  5. ok- I keep thinking about the work thing, and being a teacher myself I have to say that being a working mom as a "teacher" isn't quite the same as other full time working moms. We only work 180 out of 365 days in a year (summers and holidays are wonderful!). So really it's like part time with the ADDED perk of being able to keep an eye on your kids once they're in school!~I'll sign off now~ just had to add that last thought! Hope you mentioned that to her! ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  6. Am not surpirsed but am glad to hear you are going to continue teaching... I have learned so much in the 3 short years I have been working for you!! Also glad to hear that you guys are a DEFIENTLY POSSIBILITY!I wish I had words of wisdom but encouragement is the best I can do! Hang in there!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I second Beth's comment working in the schools is the second best thing to being a stay at home mom because I do get so much extra time with Blake this way. I am so excited to know that the two of you are still on her list of possibles (we all know how great you'll be, but she only got a short snippit of the nervous McFaddens). We are here for you no matter what. Can't wait to find out.
    Prayers and Love ~ Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. So good to hear this latest news! This young woman sounds like an special person. I'm certain she will make the best choice for her child. I admire you both for your faith and your patience! -Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a new look to your blog. I like it.

    Love,
    Mom K

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hey, I know Sarah already offered, but I'd love to watch him/her, too. Maybe that would make a difference to the mom, knowing that family would be caring for the baby. Anyway, I was thinking the same thing Amy said, that all of us who know you know that you are going to be wonderful, amazing parents (I only wish I could be confident that Todd and I are as good at parenting as I know the two of you will be)and I wish the birth mom could see the two of you with your nieces and nephews like we do, so she too could see what awesome parents you will be. Anyway, love you and praying for you every day!

    (As a side note, I like the new look of your blogspot!)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive