family pic

family pic

Monday, June 15, 2009

Amazing story :)

As most of you know if you've been reading my blog, I am coaching a t-ball team for children with disabilities this summer and absolutely loving it. I am blessed to get to have 4 of my own students on the team plus 6 other wonderful kids.

Well, this weekend Greg (my brother-in-law), who happens to work for channel 12 came to the ball fields with his camera and a reporter and did a story on the miracle league. They did a great job and Greg got some amazing footage. The story aired last night on the news and was GREAT!!! Greg did such a good job of getting footage of the game as well as comments from the players, coaches, and parents. I know I cried and I spoke with 3 parents and 4 para's who did as well just from watching a story on the news, that's how good it is. If you have time please go online and check it out. I have copied the link below (if it will work) or you can go to http://www.kwch.com and find the link for: eyewitness news at 10 - sports Sunday - June 14th. After you find that, our story it about 4 min. and 48 seconds in.

ENJOY - and come watch a game if you want. We play the next two Sat. at Westside athletic fields at 9:30 and 11:15. (My team plays at 9:30)

http://www.kwch.com/global/Category.asp?C=155583&clipId=&topVideoCatNo=78809&topVideoCatNoB=147516&topVideoCatNoC=104589&topVideoCatNoD=104489&topVideoCatNoE=104770&autostart=true&clipId=3865465&topVideoCatNo=78809&autoStart=true

6 comments:

  1. Thanks for putting the site up... was wanting to share it with my mom... It made me cry again :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. loved it! thanks for sharing~ it was fun for Jenna and Hayden to see aunt Jenny on TV!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow.... that was good, and it really did show what it is about, and at the same time I'm sure it's nothing like being there. I can't wait to come this Saturday and help cheer on those kids and just be a very small part of this.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're a great person, Jenny! Not that I need to tell you that! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. That was good, yes, I cried! We showed the kids too, they were most excited to see you on TV, they said "We need to call Aunt Jenny and tell her she's on tv!" oh, so innocent and sweet. And they keep talking about the beeper ball, it was the highlight of their visit.

    I can't come this Sat. because we'll have to be getting ready for Isaiah's party, but I'm wanting to come the next Saturday.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive