family pic

family pic

Sunday, June 21, 2009

still here

We didn't disappear we are just still realing from the news and trying to get ready.

When the birth mother called me the other day I was SOOOO excited and wanted to tell Mark SOOO bad. I tried to call him right away and he didn't answer - so I got in my car and drove to his work. I went straight to his cubical and HE WASN'T there. I thne went to his buddy Cody's cub right by his and he wasn't there so I went to his helpers cube and she only knew he was in a meeting, but not where it was or how long it was. So Then..... I went to our buddy Casey's cube and interupted (sorry) a conversation with whoever he was talking to (at this point it could have been the president of the company and I wouldn't have known any better or cared for that matter) He told me Mark was in a meeting that I COULDN'T get him out of. I was bummbed. So I drove to Dillons and bought some happy Father's Day balloons and congratulations balloons and drove them up to his work. When I was pulling back into his parking lot he called me and I just hung up. Then he texted me asking where I was. Everyone I had hounded before had told him I was there and obviously wanted to see him, so the jig was up. I texted him back and said I'm coming. Then I walked straight into his office and gave him a HUGE hug. The two of us haven't been so happy in a L O N G time. Neither of us could stop smiling the rest of the day. It was a crazy evening too. We had already made plans to go to Garden Plain and watch three of our neices and nephews play ball. Which just worked out well because while there we got to tell. My mom, grandma, sister, 3 nephews and a neice as well as Marks brother, sister and 3 nephews and 4 nieces. Great night, but I was emotionally drained by the end of it all.

Can't wait to share more as we wait for the arrival. I'll probably fill you in on my registering adventures next. I will never look at babies r us and walmart the same.

Please continue to pray that the baby and the birth mother stay healthy. Also that everything goes as planned. And possible for a little sanity for me :)

6 comments:

  1. yea~ I've had trouble sleeping as well...just keep thinking of all you guys are getting ready for~ it's soooo exciting~ hoping for a daily (or close) post to know what part of the planning you're up to! Can't wait to hear more~ continued prayers for the birthmother, baby, and of course.....MOM AND DAD!!!!!~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!!! Soooo happy for you both!! You will be such wonderful parents! My heart is bursting for you! :)

    xoxo
    Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Made me tear up again!

    Jenny's side of the family-- FYI-- Baby shower invitations coming SOON!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am so happy for you both that I can't even describe it in words, which makes me wonder at all of the emotions you two must be feeling right now!?! I can't even imagine! CONGRATULATIONS!!! You're about to become, not only two of the best people I've had the pleasure of knowing, but probably THE BEST parents ever! Our prayers are still with you and baby and birth mom.

    By the way everyone, the whole Kampling family can't be right, so I'm going against the gang and guesssing it's a boy. We'll see very soon, huh?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am so glad I am here to help; you celebrate and be a part of this. They prayers are still coming strong and won't stop. Hopefully it will bless us soon with HER (because it IS going to be a girl...) presence! If you need anything I'll be here/there wherever you need me to be.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yea, I'm so excited for you and Mark. I keep looking on the blog for new info. It's like a good book that I just can't put down!!! Whats this about a girl, s there something I should know??! Love and prayers, Barb

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive