family pic

family pic

Thursday, June 25, 2009

Conversation with Birth Mother

So I spoke with our child's birth mother today and it went really well.

We talked about the plans for 'the big day' and got that all set. As is stands now she will call Mark and or I when she is heading to the hospital. We will then head up to the hospital and wait on pins and needles to meet our baby. She will spend some personal time with the baby and then the baby will be delivered to Mark and I and I will be able to give the baby the first feeding. I was so excited when she said that. What a blessing she has been for us.

We also spoke about if she wanted a copy of our portfolio, if she knew how big they thought the baby was going to be and if we could have a sonogram picture.

Yes, she wants a copy of our portfolio
She doesn't know what size the baby is, but is going to ask at her doctors appointment tomorrow morning.
Yes, we can have a sonogram picture or more than one.

Today was her last day of work until delivery and I have next week off so we will be having a lunch together one day next week to exchange items and visit. I'm really hoping I'll be able to feel the baby kick!!!

It was a great conversation. Mark and I are getting so excited and are as ready as we can be.

She is planning to call me tomorrow after her doctors appointment to let me know how it went, but she said she is still NOT having any contractions.

7 comments:

  1. ok- I'm really excited now! Can't imagine how you and Mark are keeping so calm!!! The birthmother sounds awesome! Can not wait to hear more~post as often as possible!!!~love Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news!! Words cannot express my excitement for the two of you! Prayers now for a safe and speedy delivery:) Geri

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am so glad she you two had a nice visit! What a weight of your shoulders to know more about the baby. I hope she is feeling good and she has a short/swift delivery. That's so nice you are going to lunch too... keep us posted. Maybe Baby M is too smart and has determined he/she will just hang tight until the heat subsides a bit!? Na.. hopefuly not!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is all seeming to go so smothly and I/We will keep all of our prayers that they will continue this way. She has been a true blessing on helping your guys dreams come true! She is defiantly a HUGE part of this miracle! I AM so excited for you two and can't to meet little baby Mac either!!!!! Mayber her appointment tomorrow will put her into labor... Just a waiting game... still waiting... Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  5. It all sounds so wonderful! You are all blessed to have found each other!
    Love, Mom and Dad K

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, dang it, I'm not even a blood-Kampling and your making me cry! Really, not like a sobbing and blubbering cry, just an eyes-stinging, tears-on-the-verge-of-spilling cry, but still...

    Anyway, I so hope you get to feel the baby kicking, I want you to experience that - amazing!

    Contractions - I never had any contractions with Gabe until just a couple of hours before my water broke, so that doesn't mean anything. Everyone is so different that even the doctors tell you that they really have no idea when the baby's gonna come, basically he/she'll come when he/she's ready! So my advice (I'm sure your not getting enough advice lately;)) is to try to enjoy some quality time with just the two of you while you still can... Go out on a date or two while you're waiting, cuz it might be awhile before you get to enjoy just your spouse's company, with no interruptions for quite awhile!

    Love you guys and can't wait, I'm so freaking excited that this is happening for you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Ditto what Rhonda said!

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive