family pic

family pic

Wednesday, March 18, 2009

Ready to go

Well, as of yesterday we have all the paper work done we need to do for the home study :) Our final step yesterday was to get fingerprinted. We tried to do this on Monday, but when we got to the county jail we found out they only do this on Tuesday's and Thursday's. We couldn't wait till Thursday because Mark is leaving town for Vegas today. (Pretty good birthday present wouldn't you say?) I wish that was my present I would win best wife award. Mark is going to Vegas for his brother Matt's bachelor party. Anyway - we went to get fingerprinted yesterday and I was SOOOOO glad Mark came with me. You have to go to the county jail and not only that you are going to the same small room as the registered offenders. Not my cup of tea, but we got it done and are ready to go. There is still some house cleaning to go, but other than that we are good. We have finished our portfolio as well and have it ordered and it should be showing up on my door step by tomorrow!

From what I understand after we have our home study Monday and turn our portfolio in we are ready to play the waiting game. Other than spreading the word and praying we won't have much to do. '

In case I've never said, after this it is just up to a birth mother to pick us. If we fit her qualifications as for what she is looking for in parents then she will get to see our portfolio along with any others that fit her requirements and then she will hopefully pick us. (NO pressure on the portfolio huh) There is no order or set amount of time to wait. It could be a month it could be 3 years - we have no idea. That is why it is so important to spread the word yourself too. It is in God's hands now.

2 comments:

  1. Well that has to be one weight off your sholder, I'm sure you won't feel truly releived until after Monay is finished, but you are going to do fine with that too! I hope your portfolio looks perfect when you get it! Have a great spring break, and Mark Happy Birthday, and enjoy Vegas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ~ the waiting game . . . . Can anyone see your portfolio? I would love to see it ~ it really has my curiosity up! Happy Birthday to Mark and yes, Jenny, you should get the best wife award ~ or you could just go shopping while Mark's out of town and get yourself some cute spring clothes! Just an idea =;) Beth

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive