family pic

family pic

Friday, March 20, 2009

Countdown

3 days until the home study. I think we are pretty much ready to go. I have done WAY more cleaning than we needed, but it was a good excuse to go through all of our closets. We have moved so many times you wouldn't think we would have this much junk, but we sure do. We donated 4 large trash bags full of clothes to Goodwill, and threw away plenty. I went through our bathroom cabinets today and was shocked. I'm not sure what possessed me to do this, but through all of our trials at the center for reproductive medicine and through Dr. Ferris I kept all the pill bottles. I threw away 35 empty bottles today and our shot container which had approx 15 needles in it. When you say for better or for worse you never think that means that your husband is going to have to stick you with a needle. I shouldn't say that, Mark did much better with this than I did, and his strength helped me get through that time in our life. I am SOOOO thankful it is over.

Anyway, Monday at 7:00 p.m. our home study will underway. We've done our part - and can't wait for it to be over!

3 comments:

  1. The home study will be wonderful. This is your time to shine and show them what special, loving people you are just by being yourselves ...... and what a wonderful home you have awaiting your special child. Easier said than done, I know, but, relax and just be yourselves and it will be great. All our love,
    Mom and Dad K

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm really good at counting down. It must be from all those missile tests.
    Anyway, we know you've been ready for quite a while. Now you're also neat and tidy!
    I figure soon (which means a different amount of time to different people) you'll be posting pictures of a new member of the family. We have and will continue to pray for you (even if I forget to post something to let you know our fingers and toes are also crossed!)
    As your mom told you before your wedding, just stop and plug lots of these moments into your memory. I know they'll all be part of your dream come true.
    We love you -- Ron and Debbie

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can't wait for this to be over for you either. I KNOW you cleaned to much.... Can't wait for you to done with that.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive