family pic

family pic

Monday, March 23, 2009

IT'S OVER :)

Well, it is over!

The lady was very nice and we had a nice conversation. She did not just sit and watch us live our lives which was a blessing. She had a L O N G list of questions to ask us about our families, us and our marriage. I had to laugh at Mark he had to list on the spot ALL of his family members ages. I did too. I actually am the one who screwed up the most (not really a screw up just kinda a funny) I went first and I guessed the number of years my parents had been married, (the first question she asked me) and I wasn't on that train of thought so I guessed completely wrong because I said 29 or 30. Then we got to my siblings and started with the oldest and I said Nicole and she is 31. She said, "um... and your parents have only been married for 29 years? " So embarrassed, but then I looked it up and did the math.

If you thought that was bad get this. She asks if I have any history of drug use? Any history of alcohol use? any history of abuse as a child? And of course I'm saying, No... No... NO... Then she says any history of domestic violence? and I say No... then take a drink of my water and choke on it. (I hate when it goes down the wrong pipe) Can you say bad timing.

Anyway - she asked us a million questions, which all went well and we had a pretty easy conversation.

Now - she writes this all up and gets our child abuse background check back in the mail and mails a copy to our lawyer and one copy to us and then we will be placed on the ACTIVE list. YEAH!!! She said at the latest this will all be done by the end of April.

All for now, Thanks for the thoughts and prayers. Your comments have really helped Mark and I and we appreciate everyone of them.

8 comments:

  1. YEAH!!! Did you explain that it is hereditary that you do not know number of years of marriage, ages, etc.? Sleep good!

    Love,
    Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  2. YEAH!!!!! I'm so glad that is over, that sucks that it could be until the end of April, but I guess that's probably pretty normal... I am glad your part of the leg work is over, and now we just wait and pray more. Did she have any comments on your portfolio? So glad it's over for your guys's sake. Love the little bloppers, but there had to be somethings go wrong. (I couldn't say off the top of my head either how long they've been married). Love Ya

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wonder why they needed to know ages, etc? I wouldn't have known most of those! I am so happy it's over, too! We'll keep praying! Love, Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  4. You could have asked for a sheet of paper and explained you don't do math in your head. She probably would have thought something was wrong if you got all the answers right the first time around.
    You sound better, less stressed, more relax. Now you get to twiddle your thumbs in a wonderfully clean and tidy home. I hope you have a great week.
    Enjoy -- Debbie and Ron

    ReplyDelete
  5. Whew! Another one bites the dust / / / getting closer . . . :) And yea, the numbers thing is genetic, I'm so turning into mom having to stop and think for way longer than I should about how old I am . . .

    So now it's just sit back, wait, and pray?

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey Jenny, sooo glad that part is over for you and she was nice! I guess I don't have to kick her butt after all :)
    Now we continue to pray!
    brandi

    ReplyDelete
  7. OMG.....as I read your post I just kept thinking this would have made a good "Friends" episode. I wouldn't worry though ~ I bet she sees nothing but extremely nervous people! I'm sure you were one of her best interviews to date! We'll keep the prayers comin ~ love you ~ the Millers

    ReplyDelete
  8. I was laughing outloud when I was reading your post. So glad to know it went well! You'll have to post what other questions she asked you... Catch-up sometime soon- Marsh asked if I called you back last night and said 'hmm.. not great timing ding-bat!'... Talk to you soon.

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive