family pic

family pic

Monday, July 2, 2012

where'd my babies go

This week has been crazy for me in how much my children are reminding me they are not babies anymore. 

Jaren:

1)  Last week we went swimming with my sister and her children.  4 days later I was taking Jaren and Landrie swimming and getting Jaren dressed he says "mom am I wearing that swim suit?"  I said yes  and he said "oh, just like Caleb"  Calebs swim suit had not been a point of discussion at all he simply is just that observant and remembered not only that one of his cousins was wearing it but which one was wearing it.

2)  We went to main street to eat at the local pizza joint with Michael and Kasey they other night and while we were there I told Jaren that we needed to show daddy how to get the mail, because he hadn't been to the post office and didn't even know which box was ours.  Jaren walked straight into the post office and directly to our box and showed daddy which box was ours.  THEN, he started turning the dial to open it.  I would have fallen over if he had opened the box.  He didn't know the code, but he knew what he was supposed to do. 

Both examples PERFECT reminders of how much he is watching and paying attention to EVERYTHING!!!

Landrie:

1) Sat. when we were done with snack daddy got her out of her high chair and stood her on the ground and said lets go take a bath Landrie Lynn.  She turned around and walked straight to the bathtub. 

2)  Sunday Landrie picked up my car keys from the night stand in our bedroom.  Walked them all the way across the house to the garage door and started saying "bye bye" 

Ohhhh, where have my babies gone.  She started walking and that was all she wrote.  She has aged a year in the past two weeks I swear. 

Then we have Jaren's 3rd birthday party this coming weekend        THREE     I can't believe it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive