family pic

family pic

Saturday, May 2, 2009

Infertility Journery: Part 3

So... After I met with Dr. Ferris he wanted to run some blood tests of his own. So I did that (by this point, needles do NOT bother me - hey there is one of the positives of struggling with infirtility.) Believe it or not Mark and I are slowely finding positives. After getting the results from the blood work Dr. Ferris saw a slight concern with my thyroid levels. Very slight - slight enought that if I had just went in for any other reason he wouldn't probably have done anything, but since we were on month 35 of trying to start a family he put me on some thyroid pills and an endorphine pill. There was a reason, I promise I just can't remember at this point and honestly - at that point I would have swallowed anything he asked me to if he said it might help me get pregnant. Along with this Dr. Ferris urged me to have a laporoscopy done to make sure I didn't have endometriosis. Which the Center for reproductive medicine had urged me to do as well, but surgery wasn't on the top of my list.

Well, after 2 months of taking the new pills we decided to have the surgery so Dec. 31st I had a laporoscopy done (and they did another die test while they were already digging around inside of me to make sure my tubes were open). Stage one endometriosis was found. We were told that it was minor enough that it would be VERY suprising if that were the reason we were not concieving, but that I did have some. Needless to say that was not a new years that tops my list of good times. Mom and Dad actually came over and played some cards with me. I'm pretty sure I was asleep by 10:30. Mark was so wonderful - he took wonderful care of me. He hated seeing me with the IV laying in the hospital bed before they took me back. It was cute. I really couldn't ask for a better husband. We were told that the next 6 months would be our best time to try again as all the endometriosis had been burned off and my tubes were clear.

So we tried with the medicines from Dr. Ferris for the next two months (Naltrexone and Armour) Then we went back to the center for reproductive medicine and tried Femera and Ovadril again. That is the second drug with the shot - in combonation with Dr. Ferris' drugs (Naltrexon and Armour) I know it's getting good isn't it. Anyone want to know why Jenny gained so much weight???? Just weight here comes the best one.

We were on our fourth month following the surgery and were really wanting to do anything we could to concieve so - we tried EVERYTHING they would allow us to basically. We moved on to a more powerful supped up drug. During this month I was taking Naltrexone - the endorphine, Armour - for a possible low thyroid, Femera to help my body produce better eggs, Ovidril - to enduce ovulation and two new drugs. Folistem - which was ANOTHER shot that Mark had to give me. This one was CRAZY!!! Along with Prometrium - a progesterone capsule. I know, I know, crazy - so if any of you had a weird or strange conversation with me in May of last year - you now know why - I was a mess. Hormones were running rampid and stress was at an all time high. Well - no shocker here - this month we didn't even get to have the insemination because they had hyperstimulated me. What that means is that I had approx. 22 eggs ready to be fertalized that month. Of those 22 eight were very large. Basically I felt like I had a football inside of me. This was obviously not a good scenerio so they would not go ahead with any plans that month. Painful!!!

We tried the same regimine the next month just with smaller dosses of the meds, same amount of shots though. Obviously, again, no good results. So the next month we again, stopped going to the center for reproductive medicine and haven't been back since - GOOD RIDENS :)

Well we are up to month 45 and that is where I will stop.

3 comments:

  1. oh good gracious ~ that makes me crazy just reading about it ~ can't imagine living through it! But I guess that's the point ~ you are through it and moving onto the next stage ~ baby Mac is out there somewhere ~ maybe even just an egg (hopefully further than that though!) ~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is crazy. But you know you tried everything, no wondering "what if." And like you said, you can find small positives, and you're so thankful to be done with it! You are an awesome inspiration to me! We love aunt Jenny and uncle Mark so much over here! Keep on keepin' on......love the Puetz's

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well if I ever need anyone to give me a shot, then i think maybe I'll call on Mark. Let's just hope I don't ever need that for ANY reason.

    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive