family pic

family pic

Thursday, June 12, 2014

Autism Care Walk 2014

Team Tobelerone walked 31 strong this year for our nephew Toby.  The statistics have changed and our shirts reflected it!!!  Last year and when the walk campaign launched this year it was 1 in 88 children were affected with autism.  After the Campaign launched the statistics were officially changed to one in 68 children are affected with autism.  Not only that 1 in 42 boys are affected with Autism.  CRAZY HUH!!! 
 
The walk location was again changed this year to downtown by the water walk and it was by far the best location we have had.  It was a pretty walk with much visibility to help raise awareness.  There were I believe over 4000 participants in this years walk. 
 
The weather was great and the company even better. 
 
Crazy realization - as I look back at pictures I have been pregnant or pushing a stroller for every care walk we have had.  Sorry  just having a moment since my baby is 9 months old now.  NO I am not pregnant and No I'm not having baby fever just noticing.
 
Team Tobelerone
 
Mark, Me, Jaren, Ryland and my nephew Blake

Holly and Greg


Mima Mac, Ava, Sarah, Todd, Toby and Landrie Lynn

Papa Mac


No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive