family pic

family pic

Saturday, March 26, 2011

Mark's 30th birthday

On Sat. the 12th of March Amy and I planned a birthday DAY for Mark as he did for us. Similar to his idea, where we were tipped off by cards, we tipped him off using music all day long. We would play him a song and he would then have to guess what were were doing or where we were going.

Friday night I did tell Mark he had to be ready to leave the house at 7:45 a.m. We loaded in the car with Michael and Kasey and went to the gas station where I then played Mark his first song...

Amish Paradise by Weird Al - where did we go??? Carriage Crossing for Breakfast

Amy, Mike, Kim, Blake, and Alyssa met us there. From there we proceeded to drive to Amy's house so "The boys could help move a couch" When we got there Amy played Mark his next song...

Boys of Fall by Kenny Chesney -what did we do??? Played a game of flag football.

Mark got football right away from the song, but was confused as it wasn't football season, he then asked if we were watching old videos of him playing football. I then got out his old High School jersey and asked him to see if it still fit. He then said very questioningly "Are we playing football" Followed directly by "you took me to carriage crossing for breakfast and now I have to play football?"

We all had a great time, even if all the players were sore afterwards.

After the game was over we played the next song...

Jack and Diane - there is a line that says something about a tasty freeze (we were stretching here ok) and Amy and I inserted Frosty Treat. We went across the street from the football field and enjoyed lunch at the frosty treat.

When eating was done we played the next song...

A lullaby for teddy - Mark got to take a nap and he was EXCITED.

My parents graciously took Jaren with them so that I could have a nap as well.

Following our nap my parents and mark parents came over and we played him his next song....

Tequila - we took him out east to eat at ABUELO'S. We had a nice time and having it just be the six of us was great.

When we returned we played him his last and final song...

Big star.... I talks about singing Karaoke all night long

We then went to a Karaoke bar and had yet another great time. My whole family and most of Marks family was able to make it as well as our friends (at least those who weren't to tired from the football game that a.m.)

Mark says he had a great day and I believe him. It was so wonderful to spend such good times with our family and friends, hey you just turn 30 once right?

The video is a bit long, but didn't know what more I could cut out - yes I did cut some out.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Create your own free slideshow

3 comments:

  1. What a fun day. So glad the weather cooperated. Thanks for letting us be a part of it. Happy 30th old man!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope he really did enjoy himself and made good memories!
    Amy and Blakers

    ReplyDelete
  3. You and Amy put so much thought into this perfect day - great job! So happy we got to be a part of it :)

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive