family pic

family pic

Saturday, December 18, 2010

Hail storm

I am thinking of this again as we just finally got our gutters replaced from this fun storm.

This was the evening before I defended my final research for my masters, Sept. 15th, 2010. Mark was out of town, and my mom came over to help with dinner and watch Jaren so I could practice and prepair. We were going to watch my neice Matea for a bit this eveing too. My dad had called a bit before the hail got here asking if my mom had pulled her car in because he heard hail was coming. I said yes, I made her because I didn't want her to have to leave in the rain. Amy had called as well letting us know she was getting some pretty big hail at her house in town Goddard so we knew it wasn't far away.

Jeremy and Brandi were on their way into town to drop of Matea and they called and asked if they could just stay till the storm passed, by the time they got here we were deep in the big hail. In the end, Jay and Brandi's van in my driveway had both the front and back windshield busted out. We had one hole that went all the way though our roof and our ceiling in our garage, and about 22 other holes that went all the way through the roof and into the attic. Oh, don't forget that we had just paid to have our house repainted 3 yes, THREE days before all this happened.

My dad ended up taking off work to come help Amy and I, Marks Dad came over to help us and drive Jay and Brandi and their girls home. My uncle and cousin stopped by to see if we needed help, and my other uncle called and offered his services. Amy had many holes that led to water running down her ceiling and into her fire detecters shorting them out and causing them to go off constantly. Anyway it was a mess and they hail was HUGE!!!

Jeremy and Brandi's front window of their van. The back window was competely gone.

This is what our whole yard looks like, but since we didn't have property insurance ,or something like that, it still looks like this.

This is what our garage ceiling looks like. The hail came all the way through the roof and the ceiling and landed and shattered on our garage floor, thank goodness on the third car side so no car damage.

This is one of the many spots along our guttering that was distroyed.

This mainly shows how hard the hail was coming down the hail is completely buried in the yard.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a free slideshow design

2 comments:

  1. Wow - I had no idea the storm was that bad for you. That is one you will never forget I'm sure :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it pretty much sucked!! Not something I or Blake are going to forget for a LONG time.
    ~Amy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive