family pic

family pic

Tuesday, October 20, 2009

nursery

Well, my bedroom is FINALLY done. I do have to cut mom and dad some slack they've had a lot going on and they have tried. Mom wanted my room done a long time ago, but needed to touch up some paint spots so dad went to go get the paint matched. When dad brought the paint back mom got right to work and touched up all the spots. Only to notice that the paint did NOT match at all. So, they had to find time to completely repaint my entire room, an extremely similar, but not exactly the same color. This process got delayed a few times, but it is finally done and they have even decorated my room now. I wanted to share so I posted a few pictures for you to see. I know hard to believe a 3 month old blogging, but you know us young folks are really tech savy :)



This is my name, obviously, but mom sack painted the letters to give them some flare, I might be good on a computer, but I'm not ready to paint yet. Along with my name is a crucifix my mom and dad got for their wedding and a picture with the bedtime prayer on it that my birth mom gave me as a gift.


Here is my crib. Please notice I am in the crib, if you want to you can also look at the words that are now above my crib. My mom says she did those there so that whatever was above my crib didn't have the ability to fall down and hurt me. I told her I was tough and could handle it, but she said she didn't care - her and dad aren't taking any chances.

If you can't read this it says: A wee bit of heaven drifted down from above, a handful of happiness, a heartfull of love


This is my K-state clock, which I can't read yet, but will learn how, but I like the big purple powercat on it. Beside it is a plaque that some of mommy's friends made her. It says: Today we kissed an angel we knew it from the start, the first time our angel smiled at us we gave away our heart. Today we kissed an angel, this angel child of ours, though not of our creation, our child by God's design. Today we kissed an angel, our hearts are dancing wild, A family by a miracle, by this angel child of ours. Jaren John McFadden, born July 11, 2009. 8 pounds 6 ounces.
I hope you like my new room - I sure do.



5 comments:

  1. Love it, can't wait to come actually see it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. His room is amazing! Bet that feels good to get it all done! He has no idea how lucky he is to have you two for parents~ and me for an aunt (haha) love you guys~Beth

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my goodness, such meaningful decor--LOVE it! Great job Mark and Jenny. I know how nice it is to have that done :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the room looks good. last time i saw his room it was a little messy! but it all came together great
    -monica

    ReplyDelete
  5. It does look nice. I want to come see it in person too! ~Nicole

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive