family pic

family pic

Friday, August 5, 2016

Taylin Tess is HERE!!!

Since Taylin did not want to come into this world on her own NO MATTER WHAT I DID OR SAID - Dr. Maki induced me on July 12th, 2016!!!

We (Me, Mark, Amy and my Mom) checked into the hospital at 10 a.m. and got things going.  The floor was rather dead so we had about 6 nurses checking us in and getting everything hooked up.  I was a 3 and 80%  They got the group b strep meds started and the pitocin and the waiting started.  They checked me every hour with nearly NO progress.  As the day wore on things still not much happening they broke my water about 4:00 and I got the epidural about this time.  Checked me at 5 and was a 5 and 80% and getting discouraged and sad that the kids were probably not going to be able to meet their new brother/sister before bedtime.  

At 6 they were going to check me and then I was going to say a rosary and send my helpers to eat.  They checked and I was a "7 no maybe an 8 no just not there you are at a 7"  

We started the rosary and that is when all hell broke loose.  My contractions started getting stronger so I asked for more meds and Taylin was not responding well to the contractions so they had me keep shifting positions and put oxygen on for the baby.  They then decided that an internal monitor for baby was going to be best.  Then discussions about shutting the pitocin off completely started.  My OB was to be in at 7:00 but before she got there the decision was made that it would be best for baby to shut pitocin off. I was also getting nauseous at this time. Just as I was about to tell everyone I wanted to have a C-section and get this baby out of me safely - my OB walked in right at 7:00 and just announced we were going to have this baby.  She never even checked me I was never declared a 10 and 100%  

Dr. Maki came in the room at 7:00 and Taylin was born at 7:10.   I pushed through 2 contractions.  Taylin looked great 9-9-8 Apgar scores and ate well after her skin to skin time.  

The kids were able to make it up before bedtime.  My mom called my Dad right as I was going to start pushing and told him to head up with the kids. He had entertained them all day waiting for 
"THE CALL" 
It was so special to introduce Taylin to them.

Then in true fashion of this pregnancy Taylin wanted the last laugh.   She not only pooped on me after delivery, but I had two bites of peanut butter about an hour and a half after delivery and then had to throw up one more time just for good measure.   I was good after that and kept everything else down. 

What a beautiful day - our family is so blessed - Jesus is GREAT!!!  

















she did not love her bath









We had a GREAT nurse (Laurie) with us all day and she came by before we checked out to see how Taylin was doing.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive