family pic

family pic

Sunday, May 16, 2010

Mother's Day

As you can all guess I had a WONDERFUL mother's day. Mark got me a beautiful family necklace and took me out on a date (which included a funnel cake) he got brownie points for that one :) on Sat. night.


Sunday morning we woke up, had breakfast and went to church. It was a beautiful mass and I was very grateful. I thanked god for my many blessings; Jaren, Mark, my family, Jaren's birthmom and more.


I spent the whole day with a smile on my face and thought and prayed often for Jaren's birthmom. Mother's Day for me would not have been possible without her and for that I will be forever grateful. She is a wonderful women who will hold a special place in Mark, Jaren and I's hearts, for the rest of our lives.


As for the rest of our day, we went to Jim and Phyllis' right after church to give Phyllis her present - all the kids went together and got her a new computer, well overdue. She was SHOCKED, it was perfect. We told her that the gift we got her was back ordered and she had to get on the Internet so we could show it to her. you will see pictures below of her reaction. It was GREAT!!!


Then my sister, Amy, had my whole family over for a family dinner and we had a great time. We got to see my nieces face after her brother, accidentally hit her in the face with a golf club. Don't scroll all the way through the pictures if you have a weak stomach. We had a nice time and got a new all cousin picture. I don't have a copy though as I was elected as one of the people to make faces at the kids.


It was a great day, one I will NEVER forget.


Here is my mother-in-laws reaction!!!







Here is Elizabeth's eye. Just saw her today and it actually looks really great now and she already has her stitches out.

4 comments:

  1. Your heartfelt words about Jaren's birthmom brought tears to my eyes. She must be able to feel how appreciative you are. Glad you had such a great day!

    The computer surprise looked fun :) Poor Elizabeth's eye does not.

    ReplyDelete
  2. love love love the pics of mom~ thanks for sharing with those of us who couldn't be there! Can't wait to see you soon~

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a wonderful Mother's Day. As grateful as you are to Jaren's birthmom, I am sure she feels as blessed and grateful to have found you and Mark!! God has a plan.

    Love,
    Mom/Grandma Cheryl

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great pictures of Mark's mom! Elizabeths eye does look amazing, and I'll have to get you pics of all the kids. Ditto on Jaren's birthmom.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive