family pic

family pic

Friday, February 27, 2009

Step one question - (Thanks for asking Nikki)

A Home Study - (at least my broad knowledge of it) is exactly what it says. A person (in our case, probably a woman) will come to our house and check it out. She will also visit with us. Basically we pay her a sum of money to come and say whether or not we are fit to be parents and whether or not our house is good enough to raise a child in. (not stressful at all)

And yes I have conflicting views on this as if we could conceive a child on our own we wouldn't have to have a home study. At the same time, this gives the lawyer/agency the ability to say to the birth moms that yes, we have met the couple and their house has been checked out and they are good people with a nice home.

THANKS for asking a question, I hope I explained it well.

4 comments:

  1. Makes great since, and Jenny Tara said they've been through some of that to Very recently with what they are going through and I'm sure would talk to you about what they all had to do, and maybe things to help you feel more prepared.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've got ants in my pants just thinking about how anxious you two must be about all of this!! (in a good way!) Jenny, you are such a beautiful person, inside and out, and i am reminded of this each time we converse. You amaze me with your patience, grace, and the ability to truly see the good in everyone. I relish the day you hold your first child and comment on just how beautiful he/she is:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Luckily all people have to do is meet the two of you and they are hooked! You are both such easy people to like, and on the bright side you are wonderful housekeepers :) No worries there! Thanks for the update! I truely believe God already knows and has placed one specific person to do your home study. In saying that I can only imagine how stessful that would have to be. Remember you have a 'HUGE' support system anytime you need it!
    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  4. I agree with everyone, just be you! But I can imagine that's easier said than done. I don't know what's supposed to be in your portfolio, but after telling about your families, communities raised in, schooling, jobs, religion....I think it'll all speak for itself. You have so many people behind you, just lean on that and remember we all love you guys! Sarah

    ReplyDelete

Followers

Blog Archive