family pic

family pic

Tuesday, January 28, 2020

3-Day breast cancer walk

In the November of 2017 My friend Kelsey talked me into embarking on a 3-Day 60 Mile walk for Breast Cancer in San Diago California.  It was an experience I will forever be greatful for.  While Breast Cancer itself has not been a form of Cancer that took my grandparents or my best friend it was a cause I wanted to support.  

I walked with "Team Michelle"  Michell is the wife of one of Mark's fraternity brothers and one of the leaders of Team Michelle is Ann.  Ann and I knew each other in College through my best friend Kelsey.

So I traveled for the first time by myself and of course got sat on the plan right by this guy.  He was extremely nervous as it was his first time to fly but he was supposed to be there to calm the lady beside me (keeping my thoughts to myself about this)

There was a rainbow at opening ceremonies - PERFECT



Getting ready to start

My, Kelsey and her sister-in-law Sheila

Michelle and her husband Damian
Day one



Day two



Damian's company sponsers us on day 2 and caters us in an amazing lunch with liquid courage

 Second half of day two is all along the beach

You camp out the two night in between on along the beach
 Day Three



 Team Michelle taking an annual picture with locked arms.  This was year 7 for team michelle to walk.

 Lunch Day 3
Celebrating at the top of Cardiac hill day 3
 Team Michelle stops all together at mile 59 the celebrate and gather so we can cross the line together 
 Ann and her husband Mike

 Celebrating that Sheila mom (pictured) was the first recipient of an "Acts of Love"  
A program Team Michelle has that gives out up to 1000 grants for those struggling with Breast Cancer.  If you know of ANYONE who can benefit from this please let me know so I can get them an application form.



This is a picture of the hotel the airline put me up in after I was stranded for not catching our connecting flight because the strap that holds the log book in place was broken when we tried to leave California.  
Mark didn't get why I was upset as I was stranded in Vegas, but being alone in Vegas with No luggage was not my idea of a good time.

Obviously an experience I enjoyed and treasured as I just finished my second walk this past November.











No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive