family pic

family pic

Saturday, April 9, 2016

Jaren John Basketball 16

Jaren John Played basketball this winter season as the YMCA again.  He did a GREAT job!!!  Coach Luke really worked on dribbling skills this season with left hand too and it payed off for Jaren on several occasions during games Jaren would dribble down the court left handed and cross over.  He played with  nearly the same group of boys as last year with the exception of one boy and it payed off.  Our closest game this season I believe was the last game and the score was 58 to 36.  Jaren made his fair share of baskets, but we were most proud of how well he started passing the ball to his teammates.  He really enjoys basketball and we are grateful he has had this opportunity.

Now we will be onto T-ball and some of these same boys will be on his team but some will be on a different team and he will get to learn to play with new friends as well.  

Probably my biggest "OMG" moment happened at a practice.  I walked into practice one night with Jaren and one his buddies yells "Hey, JJ come here"  
Mark and I always knew that JJ would most likely become a nickname for him.  In fact that is what my brother Todd has always called him, but other than him and my aunt Debbie noone else had used it.  And his friend said it so matter of fact and Jaren answered.  I think it just caught me off guard because I thought it was going to be a high school nickname.  I asked the boys mom about it and Jaren and it turns out he is the only one that calls him that and he just started it on his own.  So cute.   

waiting to play defense

OPEN

Just having a good time with Braylen and Jared

Jaren loves getting rebounds so he always gets positioned pretty good


Jaren and his buddy cooper planning strategy

left handed dribble

I'm open

fast break
















The Team after their last game. Daddy was assistant coach!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Followers

Blog Archive